1) What is SAP HANA?
SAP deployed SAP HANA as an integrated solution that combines software and hardware, which is frequently referred to as the SAP HANA appliance. As with SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse Accelerator (SAP NetWeaver BW Accelerator), SAP partners with several hardware vendors to provide the infrastructure that is needed to run the SAP HANA software. Lenovo partnered with SAP to provide an integrated solution.
2) What is memory for CORE ratio in SAP HANA?For in-memory computing appliances, such as SAP HANA, the amount of main memory is important. In-memory computing brings data that is kept on disk into main memory. This action allows for much faster processing of the data because the CPU cores do not have to wait until the data is loaded from disk to memory, which means each CPU is better used.
- SQLDBC:An SAP native database SDK that can be used to develop new custom applications that are working with the SAP HANA database.
- OLE DB for OLAP (ODBO) (available for Windows only):ODBO is a Microsoft driven industry standard for multi-dimensional data processing. The query language that is used with ODBO is the Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) language.
- Open Database Connectivity (ODBC):The ODBC interface is a standard for accessing database systems, which was originally developed by Microsoft.
- Java Database Connectivity (JDBC):JDBC is a Java based znterface for accessing database systems
- Automatic update by using SAP HANA LM
- Remote starting and stopping of SAP HANA database instances
3) What is SAP HANA database?
SAP HANA is an in-memory database that combines row-based and column-based database technology. All standard features that are available in other relational databases are supported (for example, tables, views, indexes, triggers, and SQL interface).
4) What are SAP HANA Clients?
The SAP HANA client is a set of libraries that are used by external applications to connect to the SAP HANA database.
5) What is SAP HANA Studio?
The SAP HANA studio is a graphical user interface (GUI) that is required to work with local or remote SAP HANA database installations. It is a multipurpose tool that covers all of the main aspects of working with the SAP HANA database. The user interface is slightly different for each function.
6) What is SAP HANA studio repository?
Because SAP HANA studio is an Eclipse-based product, it can benefit from all the standard features that are offered by this platform. One of these features is the ability to automatically update the product from a central repository on the SAP HANA server.
The SAP HANA studio repository is initially installed during the deployment of the SAP HANA appliance and must be updated manually when the SAP HANA database is updated. This repository can then be used by all SAP HANA studio installations to download and automatically install new versions of code.
7)What is SAP Host agent?
The SAP host agent is a standard part of every SAP installation.
8) How many ways data will be replicated in SAP HANA?
Data can be written to the SAP HANA database directly by a source application or replicated by using replication technologies. The following replication methods are available for use with the SAP HANA database:
Trigger-based replication: This method is based on database triggers that are created in the source system to record all changes to monitored tables. These changes are then replicated to the SAP HANA database by using the SAP Landscape Transformation system.
ETL-based replication: This method uses an Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) process to extract data from the data source, transform it to meet the business or technical needs, and load it into the SAP HANA database. The SAP BusinessObject Data Services application is used as part of this replication scenario.
Extractor-based replication: This approach uses the embedded SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse (SAP NetWeaver BW) that is available on every SAP NetWeaver based system. SAP NetWeaver BW starts an extraction process by using available extractors and then redirects the write operation to the SAP HANA database instead of the local Persistent Staging Area (PSA).
9) Can SAP HANA be used independently?
SAP HANA is not technologically dependent on other SAP products and can be used independently as the only one SAP component in the client's information technology (IT) landscape. However, SAP HANA can be easily integrated with other SAP products, such as SAP BusinessObjects BI platform for reporting or SAP BusinessObjects Data Services for Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) replication, which gives clients the possibility to use only the components that are needed.
10) What is operational reporting in SAP HANA?
Operational reporting is playing a more important role. In today's economic environment, companies must understand how various events in the globally integrated world affect their business to make proper adjustments to counter the effects of these events. Therefore, the pressure to minimize the delay in reporting is becoming higher. An ideal situation is to use a real-time snapshot of current situations within seconds of a request.