The following skills are required to get an entry into Analytics job. I have told in my previous posts that there are many branches in analytics. You need to apply domesticated techniques to extract actionable knowledge.
I have selected the following mindset and skills that you need to get a job in data analytics. These are proven skills. Set a clear goal to acquire these skills.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to communicate complex findings and ideas in plain language
- Being able to work in teams towards a shared goal;
- Ability to change direction quickly based on data analysis;
- Enjoying discovering and solving problems;
- Proactively seeking clarification of requirements and direction; take responsibility when needed;
- Being able to work in stressful situation when insights in (new) data sets is required quickly.