QlikView is a program that makes it possible to retrieve and assimilate data from different sources. Once loaded into the program, the data is presented in a way that is easy to understand and work with.
2) In how many flavors QlikView is available? QlikView comes in three flavours called QlikView Enterprise, QlikView Profesisonal and QlikView Analyzer. If you are running QlikView Enterprise all parts of this tutorial will be relevant for you. If you are running QlikView Professional only the first part “Working with QlikView” is relevant. For those running QlikView Analyzer only the very first lesson may be relevant Related: QlikView+Jobs+technical+Skills
3)How to start QlikView? You start QlikView by double-clicking the QlikView icon in the QlikView group (created during the installation procedure). You will also find QlikView on the Start menu, under Programs. It is also possible to start QlikView by double-clicking the icon of a QlikView file. After QlikView has started, the file will be opened
4)How to OPEN a file in QlikView? Use the Open command on the File menu or the Open button on the toolbar to open an existing file. If the file was one of the latest QlikView documents used, you can also open it by choosing the file name from the File menu. Several files can be open simultaneously. If this is the case, you can activate another file by choosing it from the list on the Window menu, or by using the key combination CTRL+TAB.
5)How to SAVE a document in QlikView? Use the Save command on the File menu or the Save button on the toolbar to save an open document. When developing applications, you should save periodically so that you do not lose your work in the event of hardware or software problems or a power failure.
6) How to close the document in QlikView?
Each document appears in its own window. You can close a document at any time by using the Close command in the File menu. If you have made any changes, QlikView will display a message asking whether you want to save the changes or not. Selections are considered as changes. Choose the Yes button to save, the No button to close the document without saving, or the Cancel button to cancel the closing procedure
7) What is QlikView help? QlikView Help is a conventional Help program. To find out how to use the Help program, choose Using Help from the Help menu. For specific help on QlikView, choose Contents from the Help menu and browse through the topics.
8) QlikView Short cut commands? Ctrl+Shift+S – Shows all objects/tabs in the QVW, regardless of hide/show condition Ctrl+Shift+D – Clear all, same as the clear button but it’s faster if you’re just typing Ctrl+Shift+Q – Opens Document Support Information, which provides detailed information about the QVW and computer you’re using Ctrl+Shift+B – Opens Bookmark Overview Ctrl+Shift+O – Opens Connect to Server dialogue Ctrl+Shift+L / Ctrl+Shift+U – Locks and unlocks whichever listbox is activated Alt+Click – Holding Alt and hovering over any object allows you to move the object, which is particularly useful for tables so you don’t have to grab the caption Alt+Ctrl+Click – Copies an object to another part of the sheet or another tab (NB: Allow Move/Size checkbox must be enabled in Properties > Layout if you want to move to another tab) Ctrl+Alt+E – Opens Expression Overview Ctrl+Alt+V – Opens Variable Overview Ctrl+Alt+D – Opens Document Properties (NB: This is a good way to view and change variables if your application has many variables. The Variable Overview will calculate each Variable before opening, but the Variables tab in the Document Properties will not.) Ctrl+Alt+S – Opens Sheet Properties Ctrl+Q+Q – In the Script Editor, writes code that generates sample data Ctrl+Q – Displays Current Selections Ctrl+K+C / Ctrl+K+U – In the Script or Expression Editor, comments and uncomments the selected block of code Ctrl+G – Activates Grid Mode. In addition to the obvious segmentation of the screen, Grid Mode also allows you to right-click inside one cell of a table and format that cell alone, using the Custom Format Cell option in the context menu.
9) Basic QlikView Terminology?
10) How you will make a Query in QlikView? In QlikView, the main way of making queries is through the selection of field values. When you make a selection, the program instantaneously shows all the field values in the document that are related to the selected field value. To make a query, or a search, in the database, you just click on something you want to know more about
11) What is QlikSense? Qlik Sense: is basically useful tool for the end user who just want to analyze its spread sheet in visual form. With launch of this tool QlikView has introduced the self-service BI. Qlik Sense engage the end user with data visualization and also reduce the dependency from developers for small app development.
With this tool user can easily convert spread sheets into interactive visualizations and they also not need to wait for weeks to see dashboard developed by IT team, they can do it by them self. This also eliminates the steps involved in getting the requirement documented and freeze the mock design and take approval from stakeholders. Infect it promots the agile development and implementation of the innovative ideas that’s pops up during the development Qlik Sense today is only the first version of something that will evolve further and get more features and functions as time goes on.
12) Basic functionality of QlikView? One of the QlikView’s primary differentiators is the associative user experience it delivers.QlikView is the leading Business Discovery platform. It enables users to explore data, make discoveries, and uncover insights that enable them to solve business problems in new ways. Business users conduct searches and interact with dynamic dashboards and analytics from any device.