NetCOBOL is an open platform COBOL development environment which takes advantage of the features of COBOL and is ready for the latest technology and a state-of-the-art environment as well.
NetCOBOL is a trademark or registered trademark of Fujitsu Limited or its subsidiaries in the United States or other countries or in both.
Key Features of NetCOBOL:
- It is available in both 32 bit and 64 bit
- Net COBOL claims compatibility with other COBOL Compilers like VS COBOL, OS/VS COBOL and Micro Focus COBOL.
- Provides a debugger and complete integrated development environment(IDE) with COBOL.
- Provides IP tools like Power COBOL (This tools help Developer to build Windows biased GUI Apps) and PowerBsort.
- It supports database like Microsoft SQL Server , Oracle and Pervasive SQL.
- Claims to support native SQL Calls “EXEC SQL” within Net COBOL.
- It support Betrive Files as well.
- Support Both Modern IDE (Eclipse Plugins for Linux and VS IDE plug-in for Windows)
- Linux Version of Net COBOL also supports JAVA, C,C++ and Python.
- Windows Version of Net COBOL also supports .net.
- It also supports Unicode Code set.
- It also support Object Oriented COBOL.
Following platforms are supported under Net COBOL:
Windows – Net COBOL for Windows
Linux(RHEL6) - Net COBOL for Linux
SPARC – Net COBOL for SPARC
Cloud (Microsoft’s Azure) - COBOL for .net
Related: Video Tutorial on NetCOBOL
- Persistent COBOL resources that can be used securely for a long period
- NetCOBOL complies with International Standard, industry standard specifications, and ordinary standard specifications, which enables stable operation and expansion of key system for the future. Existing COBOL properties and skills and know hows of mainframes and small business computers can be fully utilized.
- Providing COBOL Integrated Development Environment (IDE) that conforms to your platform
- "NetCOBOL Studio," a COBOL development environment based on Eclipse which is an open-source integrated development environment, has been built into NetCOBOL for Windows, and Microsoft "Visual Studio" has been built into NetCOBOL for .NET as a development environment for .NET Framework.
- Enabling highly efficient and productive program development
- COBOL Integrated Development Environment (IDE) allows improvement of efficiency of the whole development process including design, programming, testing, and maintenance. It enables program development linking with the latest technologies from batch to Web applications.
- Enhancing the value of the Mission-Critical Systems
- The range of application of key system can be expanded and developed by linking with the latest technologies such as .NET, Java, and XML.
- Enabling quicker data tabulation and analysis by combining NetCOBOL with RDBs
- Introducing "PowerBSORT" speeds up sorting and merging data, improving the performance of the key system.