|#5 Things About Amazon EC2 You Need to Focus!:|
It provides you with complete control of your computing resources and lets you run on Amazon’s proven computing environment. Amazon EC2 reduces the time required to obtain and boot new server instances to minutes, allowing you to quickly scale capacity, both up and down, as your computing requirements change.
Amazon EC2 changes the economics of computing by allowing you to pay only for capacity that you actually use. Amazon EC2 provides developers the tools to build failure resilient applications and isolate themselves from common failure scenarios.
Key Points for Interviews:
- EC2 is the basic fundamental block around which the AWS are structured.
- EC2 provides remote operations of virtual machines (VM) on Amazon’s infrastructure.
- A single VM is called an instance, and there are different instance types that differ in their available resources.
- A micro instance is the only EC2 instance type that is free and is also the most underpowered instance (613MB memory). The EC2 micro instance type is the least reliably provisioned;
- when demand on Amazon’s infrastructure is high, the micro instance gets the lowest priority.