Excel is one of the tool to be used in data analytics
Why I have given contents means these you must ask your tutor if present in the course or not. These list useful to start career in analytics.
|Excel Course Contents|
List of course contents
Part-1 - Importing Data from other sources
- Learn about the typical import sources of data (e.g. accounting software, ERP systems and common database programmes)
- Understand the pros and cons of different importing methods with walk through examples Discuss the form of received information and its implications (e.g. dating, text and number formats) Clarify what data aims to represent in column and row arrangements, in spatial and duration terms
Part-2 - Converting data Excel ready
- Identify how Excel understands your data and make data Excel compliant Learn key Excel functions, tips and tricks to assist quick conversion including: functions – e.g. RIGHT, LEFT, CLEAN, TRIM, PROPER, MID, LOWER, UPPER tips – e.g. use of custom formatting to cleanse data tricks – e.g. converting specific elements of data blocks fast by changing between number and text forms Understand when data is corrupted or simply unreadable for Excel
Part-3 - Data Mining
- Discuss and define analytical goals for the data by posing the correct questions Identify what data may be omitted in light of goals and learn how to remove this efficiently Define the parameters of your data and manipulate it into useful blocks for analysis, using: Dating and time controls Lookup and reference formulas including LOOKUP, MATCH, INDEX, CHOOSE, OFFSET Sum controls including SUMPRODUCT and SUMIF Arrangement controls including TRANSPOSE, FILTER and SORT
Part-4- Excel Data Analysis Tools
- Answer your data queries by understanding a wide range of tools at your command including: Pivot tables Statistical functionality (e.g. MEDIAN, PERCENTILE, CORREL) What if analysis tools, including Goal Seek and data tables Moving averages Regression analysis Finalise your investigations by presenting your findings: Use advanced conditional formatting commands and tricks Develop professional presentation charts for reporting to senior management.