As of now the following are major players in cloud computing.
- Amazon.com is a web retailer and has the world's largest public cloud.
- Google operates a computing cloud built upon open source software which is optimized for Internet search.
- Hewlett-Packard provides business printers with the capability to scan and store information within pods in cloud computing systems that combine servers, data storage, and management software in a single integrated package.
- IBM employs a hybrid commercial and open source cloud strategy developed from prototype projects with client companies and government agencies.
- Microsoft has a commercial software centric infrastructure for delivering cloud computing services.
- Oracle markets an engineered systems approach combining hardware and software it promotes as providing superior performance and security.
- NetSuite provides financial and resource planning functions.
- Salesforce.com sells cloud-based e-mail, computer storage, and customer management and customer management software; it also has acquired other companies to offer social enterprise tools.
- Other major technology suppliers which have cloud-related hardware and software products include Cisco and Dell.