Why distributed computing so popular
- Increasing desire for business-to-business (B2B) communication and integration, technologies such as Service-Oriented Computing (SOC), Semantic Web, Grid, Agents/Multi-agents, peer-to-peer, etc., are receiving a high level of interest nowadays.
- Due to revolution in internet, implementation of SOC B2B integration (e.g. e-commerce, e-government and e-healthcare) is popular
- Building Web Services comprehensively needs further improvement, for instance, Quality of Service (QoS).
- Detection of service availability to achieve self-healing in the invocation process
- Service reuse, how best to define atomic services
- Service composition
- Meanwhile, it should be noted that Web Services play only a partial role in evolving distributed information systems. With the development of future computer hardware, software and business requirements, many other technologies will probably emerge that will serve particular business goals better.
- Therefore, much recent research has been focusing not only on individual technologies in distributed systems, but also on the possibility of combining currently available technologies to improve business outcomes.