NoSQL and RDBMS or SQL are different from each other. You may ask what is the difference. Below explained in a way that you can understand quickly.
- A schema is required. All traditional data warehouses using RDBMS to store datamarts.
- Databases understand SQL language. It has a specific format and rules to interact with traditional databases.
- Less scalable. It has certain limitations.
- Expensive to make the databases as scalable
- Data should be in a certain format.
- Data stored in row format.
The growing internet usage and involving of a number of devices caused to invent databases that have the capability to store any kind of data.
NoSQL Special Features
- The schema is not required. Ability to handle multiple data types. This is the power of NoSQL.
- NoSQL is much suitable for analytical databases. Since those should be flexible, Scalable and ability to store any formatted data.
- The increased usage of web applications, the availability of broadband for the common man, caused the generating of a variety of data. So NoSQL is absolutely needed for the new generation businesses.
- Data stored in column format. In the form of key value pairs.
- Python, Ruby, PHP, and Java are top languages you need to interact with NoSQL databases.