|[Mainframe Vs Cloud Computing]|
The package can be used to evaluate single statements directly or a list of statements called a script can be prepared. Once named and saved, a script can be executed as an entity. The package was originally based on software produced by the LINPACK and EISPACK projects but currently includes LAPACK and BLAS libraries which represent the current "state-of-the-art" numerical software for matrix computations. Matlab provides the user with
- Easy manipulation of matrix structures
- A vast number of powerful built-in routines that are constantly growing and developing
- Powerful two- and three-dimensional graphing facilities
- A scripting system that allows users to develop and modify the software for their own needs
- Collections of functions, called toolboxes, that may be added to the facilities of the core Matlab. These are designed for specific applications, for example, neural networks, optimization, digital signal processing, and higher-order spectral analysis.
In Matlab the variables B and C may represent arrays so that each element of the array A will become the sum of the values of corresponding elements of B and C.