This is big Question for IT freshers or experienced IT professional what technologies they need to learn to start a career in this line. As a general rule I have found the following are general requirements for Internet of things (See Internet of things jobs here).
- Java + multiple programming languages (objective-C, C++), and interest in technologies such as Ruby, Scala, Clojure, Groovy, etc.
- Development experience in open source projects, especially large scale projects a plus.
- Experience developing at home projects used by a medium to large size audience a plus.
- Someone who is published, especially in development books and articles a plus.
How CISCO is responding on the development of IoT:
The Internet of Things (IoT) is increasing the connectedness of people and things on a scale that once was unimaginable. Connected devices outnumber the world's population by 1.5 to 1. The pace of IoT market adoption is accelerating because of:
- Growth in analytics and cloud computing
- Increasing interconnectivity of machines and personal smart devices
- The proliferation of applications connecting supply chains, partners, and customers