The Agile and Waterfall both models are popular in Software development. The Agile model is so flexible compared to waterfall model. Top differences on Waterfall vs Agile give you clear understanding on both the processes.
- The traditional model is waterfall. It has less flexibility.
- Expensive and time consuming model.
- Less scalable to meet the demand of customer requirements.
- The approach is top down. Starting from requirements one has to finish all the stages, till deployment to complete one cycle.
- A small change in requirement, one has to follow all the stages till deployment.
- Waterfall model creates idleness in resource management.
- Agile model is excellent for rapid deployment of small changes
- The small split-requirements you can call them as sprints
- Less idleness in resource management.
- Scope for complete team involvement.
- Faster delivery makes client happy.
- You can deploy changes related to compliance or regulatory quickly.
- Collaboration improves among the team.