I want to share with you the best real-time examples on machine learning. Because of new computing technologies, machine learning today is not like machine learning of the past.
While many machine learning algorithms have been around for a long time, the ability to automatically apply complex mathematical calculations to big data – over and over, faster and faster – is a recent development.
Machine learning use cases
- The heavily hyped, self-driving Google car? The essence of machine learning.
- Online recommendation offers like those from Amazon and Netflix? Machine learning applications for everyday life.
- Knowing what customers are saying about you on Twitter? Machine learning combined with linguistic rule creation.
- Fraud detection? One of the more obvious, important uses in our world today.
Related: Take Quiz on Machine Learning
Where can you apply machine learning. The following are the key areas you can apply machine learning.
- Fraud detection.
- Web search results.
- Real-time ads on web pages and mobile devices.
- Text-based sentiment analysis.
- Credit scoring and next-best offers.
- Prediction of equipment failures.
- New pricing models.
- Network intrusion detection.
- Pattern and image recognition.
- Email spam filtering.