To make the best of the R language, you'll need a strong understanding of the basic data types and data structures and how to operate on those. Very Important to understand because these are the things you will manipulate on a day-to-day basis in R. Everything in R is an object.
- logical (e.g., TRUE, FALSE)
- integer (e.g,, 2L, as.integer(3))
- numeric (real or decimal) (e.g, 2, 2.0, pi)
- complex (e.g, 1 + 0i, 1 + 4i)
- character (e.g, "a", "swc")
The basic data structures in R
- data frame
Vector in R
A vector is the most common and basic data structure in R and is pretty much the workhorse of R.
Vectors can be of two types:
- atomic vectors