|Image Courtesy-from RD|
|A report from Simply hired.|
Where to Learn SAS Visual Analytics
Also read: Modelling with SAS a detailed video course to get instant benefit
The real SAS Visual analytics benefits
- The speed of in-memory architecture offers tremendous benefit. Organisations can explore huge data volumes and get answers to critical questions in near-real time. SAS Visual Analytics offers a double bonus: the speed of in-memory analytics plus self-service eliminates the traditional wait for IT-generated reports.
- Businesses today must base decisions on insight gleaned from data, and that process needs to be close to instantaneous.
- Despite being user-friendly, the server has been developed to make it easy for IT to manage the data and secure it without sacrificing usability, Guard said. It includes a visual analytics explorer for ad hoc analysis and discovery, he added.
Where SAS differs
SAS analytics differ from many business intelligence (BI) solutions which simply move data from a SQL database into memory. That does not support regressions or logistics models becase those capabilities are not built into databases, he said.
In banking, analysts may develop hundreds of models a year; with SAS they will be able to do it 10 to 20 times faster. The importance of changing models rapidly is incredibly important in the banking industry.
A demo on SAS visual analytics:
How companies will benefit
- With SAS Analytic Server companies can solve problems they had never dealt with before because they it offers speed of analysis at a large scale. Users don’t have to analyze samples; they can look at everything.
- SAS Visual Analytics will let us quickly dig into our big data to uncover opportunities, and in time, to fully exploit them.”The SAS LASR Analytic Server, uses Hadoop (embedded Hadoop Distributed File System) as local storage at the server for fault tolerance. SAS LASR Analytic Server has been tested on billions of rows of data and is extremely scalable, bypassing the known column limitations of many relational database management systems (RDBMS).