Testing is the critical phase in DevOps. The process of DevOps is to speed up the deployment process. That means there are no shortcuts in testing. Covering most relevant test cases is the main thing the tester has to focus.
Requirements to Maximize Quality
- Good maintainable code
- Exhaustive coverage of cases
- Training documents to Operations team
- Fewer bugs in the bug tracker
- Less complex and no redundant code
Testing Activities in DevOps
- The team to use Tools to check the quality of code
- Style checker helps to correct code style
- Good design avoids bugs in production
- Code performance depends on the code-quality
- Bugs in production say poor testing
Tester Roles in DevOps
- Good quality means zero bugs in production.
- Design requirements a base to validate testing results.
- Automated test scripts give quick feedback on the quality of code.
- Right test cases cover all the functional changes.
The Bottom Line
- The DevOps approach is seamless integration between Development and Operations without compromising the Quality.
- Use test cases in a way to test all possible scenarios.
- Automate the tasks wherever possible to get the quick reply on quality of source code.